Top 4 Home Remedies for Anemia
Anything that hinders the normal quantity of red blood cells in the body may result in Anemia, including a reduction in the red blood cell production, an increase in destruction of red blood cells or simply excessive blood loss. Amemia and its types vary from person to person and age to age, depending on the cause.
Symptoms may vary on the cause and can range from mild to severe. Some commonly known symptoms for Anemia are fatigue, pale skin, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness, cognitive problems, headaches, cold hands and feet, lack of energy, hair loss and high or low blood pressure.
You can simply treat and cure some types of anemia at home with some easy-to-follow home remedies. We have compiled the 4 best methods for treating the menace at home. Here are the Top 4 Home Remedies for Anemia:
Beetroot is the best-known natural item for those who suffer from the most common form anemia that results from iron deficiency. This amazing vegetable is rich in iron content along with fiber, calcium, potassium, sulfur and vitamins.
In addition to its exceptional nutritional benefits, Beetroot helps cleanse the whole body and provides and overall oxygen boost. Hence, this eventually leads to a healthy blood cell count in the body.
The two basic methods of consuming beetroot at home:
- Blend one beetroot along with three carrots and one-half or sweet potato in a juicer. Drink this juice daily.
- You can cook beetroots as vegetables or consume them in salads. You may peel off and consume but eating the peel along with the beetroot provides maximum nutritional value.
2. Blackstrap Molasses
For anemic patients, Blackstrap Molasses is considered a highly nutritional natural resource. It comprises of iron, B vitamins and several other essential minerals that help bolster red blood cell count in the body. Just a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses is sufficient for 15 percent of your daily iron requirements.
You may use Blackstrap Molasses in 2 simple ways:
- Mix one tablespoon of Blackstrap Molasses in a cup of hot water or milk. Consume once or twice everyday.
- You may also combine a tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses with a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in a hot cup of water. Drink one glass daily.
Foods rich in green vegetables like spinach are your best bet for home curest for Anemia. Spinach contains loads of iron as well as B vitamins and Folic acid. These essential minerals along with other energy-boosting nutrients in this amazing vegetable provide the body with sufficient energy to recover form Anemia.
Half cup of Spinach provides almost 35 percent of your daily need of iron and 33 percent of your daily value of folic acid. You can consume it in the form of Spinach soup or cook as a vegetable.
Much like Spinach, Pomegranate is rich in iron and other essential minerals, such as calcium and magnesium. This delicious-to-tongue fruit also contains Vitamin C which helps the body take in more iron. This in turn results in the formation of more red blood cells and lead to a rise in Hemoglobin level.
- Mix One Cup of Pomegranate Juice with a quarter of a teaspoon of Cinnamon power and two teaspoons of honey. Consume this juice for breakfast.
- Or Simply consume a medium-sized pomegranate every morning on an empty stomach.