Top 4 Home Remedies for Acne
Finding the finest, quickest and the most effective home remedies for acne is a task not as easy as alot of people out there may think. The solutions vary from person to person, skin to skin, therefore it may turn out to be a trial-and-error process.
Take the example of baking soda, which has for years been a renowned home remedy for treating acne. Though, alot of people with sensitive skin haver reported their skins turn from bad to worse after the use of baking soda.
That being said, one thing that you need to keep in mind is that there is no “Absolute” home remedy for acne. One solution may work for some of you out there, but it may bring a totally opposite effect to others. Patience is the name of the game. Be patient if you want your pores cleared off pimples. The process might be depressing at the start, but its totally worth it in the end, once you get the hang of it.
After searching here and there for a while, we have come up with Top 4 Home Remedies for Acne that have been proven to be safe and effective for most people and skin types. That also includes people with senstive skin. So without any further ado, here are the 4 home remedies that you must try if you want fast removal of acne from your life:
Yes, its that annoying thing that youd usually spit out if it accidentally comes along in your plate. Some people like its taste some dont, but the truth of the matter is Garlic is very healthy for our stomach and digesticve system. However, surprisingly, it is believed to be even more beneficial to our skin.
Garlic has antiseptic properties that can battle off bacteria dampening our skin. Moreover, it also comprises of natural minerals like sulphur which is renowened to heal acne quickly.
Steps to Use Garlic as a Home Remedy:
- Slice a garlic clove into two part
- You can now rub the sliced garlic directly on your pimples
- The other method is to crush the garlic juice in a juicer or with a hammer and gently massage the effected skin area with the extract.
- Leave the juice on for 5-7 minutes. (Note: It could be irritating at the start, but the itching should subside after a few minutes.
- Wash and rinse thoroughly.
Cucumber is lovely in our salads and its even more lovely to our skin. This wonder vegetable is suitable for all skin types, and has for years been known as a very effective home remedy to soothe skin. It is also rich in various nutriants that help fight acne and aid in the healing process.
Cucumbers contain Vitamins A, C and E. Hence, when used regularly, Cucumbers can prevent the development of oily skin and therefore, acne breakouts.
The three basic methods of using Cucumber on your skin:
- Slice the cucumber and leave it on the effected area for about 20 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Chop the cucumber into small pieces. Let the pieces soak in a bowl of clean water. Leave for atleast an hour so that the nutrients from the cucumber pieces including chlorophyll get transfered to the water. Strain the solution and consume the water as a drink or as a facial wash.
- This is the best known method for using Cucumber on your skin. Mix grated cucumber with one cup of oatmeal. Add some yogurt and mix gently yet readily to make a consistent mask. Apply the mask for about 30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Wait, what!? Isn’t toothpaste meant to go inside our mouths and not out of it? Well, thats what us humans have been thinking for centuries. Extraordinarily, toothpaste works just like your ordinary face mask. If applied directly to the effected area, the toothpaste will help in the drying of pimples with its ability to absorb excess oil.
This is known to be a highly effective home remedy for people suffering from mild forms of acne like whiteheads or black heads. However, keep in mind, that you may not use the toothpastes made from gel or the ones containing whitening properties. The hydrogen peroxide in these toothpastes can be harmful to the skin.
If your skin is sensitive, apply an ice pack for about 10 minutes just to sooth your pores. Then apply small amounts of toothpaste to the pimples and leave on for atleats half hour before rinsing.
Lemon comprises of Vitamin C and therefore has acidic nature to fight off acne-causing bacteria. Natural fresh lemon juice is always recommended over the one that has been preserved in bulk. Do not use lemon juice sold in markets as they may end up harming your skin than healing it.
The two basic home methods for using lemon juice as an overnight acne remedy:
- Take a clean cotton swab and dip it in freshly extracted lemon juice. Apply to the effected area and let it stay overnight. Upon waking up, rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- To make a lemon mask, mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Mix readily and apply to the affected area. Leave it on overnight. Wash it with lukewarm water the following morning.
Note: For people with very sensitive skin, lemon is not recommended. Use honey instead.