Top 4 Home remedies for acidity
A victim of Acidity? Well, instead of reaching out for the antacid, or taking an appointment with doctors that would charge you more than your monthly income, you can try these simple home remedies that work quick and effective.
Thought to be due to increased pitta or the lack of digestive fire, doctors prescribe a number of home remedies for the condition. We have compiled the best four for you, the ones that come along with the least side-effects and they will also help resolve the discomfort that comes with hyperacidity in jiffy.
Home Remedy for Acidity no.1: Banana
How Bananas help?
- Bananas are rich in minerals like potassium and aid to balance the level of acid production in our stomach.
- There are other components in Bananas that help increase the production of mucous in our stomach, which helps prevent it from the harmful effects of excessive acid production.
- Bananas are rich in fibre content which helps boost up digestion, sheilding against the recurrence of acidity.
How to use Bananas against Acidity?
Eat a fresh ripe banana for some instant relief. The use of an overripe banana can help counter elevated acidity, as they tend to contain more potassium which makes it act like a perfect antidote.
Home Remedy for Acidity no.2: Cold Milk
How Cold Milk helps?
- Milk is comprises of high levels of calcium that aid in the protestion against acid build up and helps absorb excess acid produced, hence, reducing the likelihood of symtoms of acidity.
- Apart from the first tip, the fact that the milk is cold, naturally provides instant relief from the hot burning sensation one feels amid acid reflux.
How to use Cold Milk against acidity?
It is vital for you to have the milk cold and without any extra additives like sugar. You could even mix one spoon of ghee in the milk to make the remedy even more effective.
Home Remedy for acidity no.3: Aniseed (Known as “Saunf” in the Middle-East)
How Aniseed helps?
- Aniseed has ultra potent anti-ulcer characteristics. That is due to the volatile oil it comprises of.
- Aniseed helps for better digestion and cures constipation
- Helps provide a cooling feeling along the linig of the stomach, hence, reducing that burning sensation that arises during acidity
How to use Aniseed against Acidity?
The conventional way is to simply chew on a few Aniseed seeds and that can be enough to reduce the symptoms of acidity. Though, for a long term remedy, boil a few seeds in water and leave overnight. Drink the water during the day to provide instant relief.
Home remedy for Acidity no.4: Ginger
How Ginger helps?
- The root of the ginger is well-known to aid in an improved digestive system as well as better absorption.
- It helps in the assimilation of essential nutrients.
- Ginger also shields your stomach against ulcers by boosting mucous secretion and reducing the effects of acid on your stomach.
How to use Ginger against acidity?
- Simply chew a small piece of ginger to get instant relief from the symptoms of acidity. However, if you find the taste too pungent, try boiling some grated ginger in water and then drink the detoction.
- Another method of using it is to crush the ginger and mix it along with a small piece of jaggery. Keep sucking on it allowing the juice to slowly reach the stomach. This method is proven to have instantly treated various levels of acidity.